New World War Z Prestige Ranks have been added to the game in this free Season 2 Update for all players. Level 30 classes can be ranked up again for added bonuses to your class. These are permanently equipped and do not take up an active perk slot.
UPDATE: World War Z Aftermath information has been added below.
If you're here for info on the Prestige Weapons, have a look at our guide.
The only way to see what the Prestige Perks are will require us to be LVL 30 with the class first. New RED circles appear and show a preview of what can be unlocked for every 10 levels as we rank up again.
Each new prestige (4 total) needs to be purchased with in-game currency. Buying prestige ranks cost 7500 credits. Each new tier will reset all progress for the upgraded class and will need to be ranked up again. Since this isn't the first time, you should know what play style you prefer.
If you don't have a surplus of credits unlocking all the perks again can be expensive. Just buy the ones you use the most to hit LVL 30 again.
All WWZ Prestige Ranks
In addition to the new abilities, you will also unlock new weapon skins that provide a stat boost for each class at rank 2.
Currently, there are 8 classes to choose from when trying to survive this zombie apocalypse. Medic, Fixer, Slasher, Gunslinger, Hellraiser, Exterminator, Dronemaster, and Vanguard. Each position promotes a different play style while still allowing the player to choose unique abilities better fitting to their preferences.
Medic Prestige Perks
Medic Class is the healer for the group. Prevent damage with temporary health and masking effects for anyone healed by a medkit or a stim shot. Overall the best class in the game. Great for new players. Compact SMG (Skin) - Weapons Fire rate increased by 50%.
- Stim Pistol effects last 25% longer.
- Apply Medkits 25% faster.
- Stim Pistol range increased by 25%.
- SMG range increased by 25%.
Fixer Prestige Perks
Fixer is a jack of all trades. Can use ammo boxes, masking grenades, and is the designated breacher of the group. Scout Rifle (Skin) — This weapon does 10% more damage per teammate carrying the same weapon up to 40% for a full team. Equipping this weapon will replace the Sporting Carbine.
- 10% chance of using a Breaching Charge without spending it.
- Revive speed increased by 25%.
- Carried ammo for primary and secondary weapons increased by 5% for yourself and all teammates.
- Deal 10% more damage to special zombies.
Slasher Prestige Perks
Slasher is the in your face, hack and slash-melee class. Equip with a stun gun for Crowd Control and reduced damage while swinging your sharp toys at zombies. Crossbow (Skin): Immune to explosive damage from the crossbow.
- Stun Gun last 15% longer.
- Stun Gun range increased by 15%.
- Perform 1 more melee strike before becoming tired.
- Take 10% less damage while performing melee attacks.
Gunslinger Prestige Perks
Gunslinger is obviously about gunplay. Perks geared towards primary and secondary weapons with frag grenades for equipment. Classic Battle Rifle (Skin): This weapon does 25% more DMG to specials!
- Reload speed increased by 10% on all primary weapons.
- Reload speed increased 15% on secondary weapons.
- Carried ammo per primary and secondary weapons increased by 10%.
- Frag grenades can kill 20% more targets.
Hellraiser Prestige Perks
Combat Shotgun (Skin): Shotgun range increased by 150% and pellets can penetrate 1 additional target.
- Throw distance of C4 increased by 25%.
- Switch weapons 25% faster.
- Explosive can kill 10% more targets.
- Carried ammo for Thumper GL increased by 1.
Exterminator Prestige Perks
Assault Shotgun (Skin): Nearby zombies will be pushed back when reloading this weapon.
- Health increased by 5%.
- Shotguns and semi-auto weapons reload speeds increased by 10%.
- Molotov and Claymores can kill 10% more targets.
- Carried ammo for primary weapons increased by 10%.
Dronemaster Prestige Perks
The Quadrocopter is the piece of equipment that the Dronemaster likes to use. A taser incorporated inside the tool stuns any opponents who come too near to the user, allowing them to remain safe while this unmanned equipment hovers about them and delivers cover fire.
- Ammo Drop - When the Quadcopter is exhausted, the person being followed regains 10% of their main ammunition.
- Unfettered - When accompanied by your Quadcopter, the movement speed penalty from being near to zombies is decreased by 50 percent.
- Spotter - Damage from firearms increases by 15 percent when a person is pursued by your quadcopter.
- Guardian Angel - The person who is being pursued by your Quadcopter will suffer 10% less damage.
Vanguard Prestige Perks
A Sheild Weilding Powerhouse with exceptional offensive and defensive capabilities.
- Periferal Vision - Increase angle at whitch attacks will be blocked by your shield by 10% (base 220 deg)
- Steadfast - All zombie damage is reduced by 25% while using shield block.
- Secret Stash - Carried ammo capacity for secondary weapons increased by 15%.
- Linebacker - Shield Bash allows you to run for an addittional .5 seconds (base 5s).
World War Z Prestige Save File
A special prestige save file was created by the devs just in case of loss progress or accidentally erased. It was created with the intention to help get back some progress. It is NOT a hacked version. But of course, you could use a cheat engine or a trainer to accelerate the progress if you want.
This save file comes in three different variants.
- 30% completion
- 50% completion
- 100% completion
The link to this save can be found on the official forum for wwz.
World War Z Prestige Borders
When a player decides to prestige a class they will be given a unique border around their characters picture. This can be seen while in the lobby or inside the main menu while you choose what character to play as.
- Rank 1 rewards you with a thin silver frame
- Rank 3 recognizes your achievements with a thicker Gold frame.
- Rank 5 honors your dedication to the class with a Platinum border.